TOUR SPECIFIC terms + conditions
Tour Booking Terms & Conditions
A flat-rate deposit of €500 per person secures your place on any IATW tour.
Final payment is not required until 90 days prior to your departure date.
Tour balance payments can spread out in multiple payments in the weeks/months preceding final due date.
Should it not be possible to travel due to travel restrictions in Ireland or in your country due to COVID-19 at the time of travel, deferment to a later travel date or our flexible Gift Card will be offered in lieu of a refund.
If, due to travel restrictions we are forced to cancel your tour, IATW will offer alternative tour arrangements or a flexible gift card to all guests booked onto the tour or a refund of the tour price. In these circumstances, no incidental or consequential expenses will be paid by IATW
All other reasons for cancellation by a client will be subject to our regular terms and conditions listed herein.
A booking is accepted by IATW, only when we have either received a €500 deposit per person and confirmed your booking by email if your booking is made more than 60 days in advance of your tour departure, or when we have received payment in full and confirmed your booking by email if your booking is made less than 60 days before your tour departure. No tickets will be issued until full payment has been received.
On receipt of payment as detailed above, subject to availability and at our discretion, IATW will reserve the client a place on a tour. A contract is only made between the client and IATW upon the confirmation of your booking and our communication thereof to either you or our travel agent.
It is a condition of your booking being accepted that each client signs (or has signed on his behalf if under 18) our waiver of liability, a copy of which will be forwarded to you on booking and which must be signed using the document signing tool. Failure to sign a waiver will result in the client’s booking being treated as having been cancelled by you and we reserve the right to impose the cancellation fees described in this agreement.
For people with mobility issues, the coaches on our tours are not wheelchair accessible so you must be able to get on and off the coach unaided or have someone come on tour to help you. Some events, sites, venues and accommodation facilities are not suitable for wheelchairs or mobility scooters. Ireland is an old country with historic sites and facilities, many of which have not been made accessible with elevators / ramps / escalators / etc.
1. The booking conditions detailed herein together with the Waiver of Liability contain the entire contract between the client and IATW. No representation, term, warranty or condition can be expressed or implied by reference to any other writing, advertisement or conversation. This contract may only be varied in writing by a duly authorised Director of IATW.
2. The client’s contract is with IATW as the event management company. At any time and at IATW’s discretion, we may nominate to the client in writing any other company or person to have the benefit of some or all of those provisions of this contract, which IATW may then specify, as if the client had agreed the provisions directly with that company or person in the first place as well as agreeing them with IATW. IATW may, at its complete discretion assign all or any rights and liabilities arising under or by virtue of this or any other contract with the client.
3. All bookings with carriers and other service providers (including but not limited to providers of accommodation, activities and food) are subject to the terms and conditions and limitations of liability imposed by those carriers and other service providers. Please note that some of these limit or exclude liability in respect of death, personal injury, delay and loss or damage to baggage. Whilst IATW cannot accept any responsibility for any loss as a result of such actions or as a result of any act of omission of any such third parties, IATW will give every assistance to the client in helping to resolve any reasonable dispute.
4. Many of the accommodation arrangements referred to on our website are provided independently by third party accommodation providers. Such arrangements are subject to the terms and conditions and limitations of liability imposed by those providers and as such, any contracts are undertaken directly between you and the third party accommodation provider. All such arrangements are made independently of IATW, regardless of any help and assistance which IATW may provide in securing such arrangements.
5. Many activity and outdoor pursuits arrangements referred to on our website are provided independently by third party activity and outdoor pursuits providers. Such arrangements are subject to the terms and conditions and limitations of liability imposed by those providers and as such any contracts are undertaken directly between you and the third party activity and outdoor pursuits provider. All such arrangements are made independently of IATW, regardless of any help and assistance which IATW may provide in securing such arrangements.
6. Please note that no airline, carrier or third party service provider depicted or recommended on our website, by virtue of their endorsement of our website, represents themselves either as contracting with or having any legal relationship with IATW.
7. The client is responsible for all travel arrangements and costs to/from the point of commencement/conclusion of the tour.
8. It is the responsibility of the client to ensure they have a valid passport and all visas, permits and certificates required for your selected tour, as well as any vaccinations and to comply with all applicable laws.
9. The client agrees that IATW may take photographs and films of the client while on the tour and that these may be used in IATW brochures, on our website and/or advertising without obtaining further consent or payment in respect of such photographs or films. From time to time IATW engages in promotional /advertising activity with reputable agencies such as Failte Ireland, Tourism Ireland, Culture Ireland, Travel Agents and Tour Operators to promote IATW and Ireland. The client agrees that IATW may use photographs and films taken on tour in promotional /advertising activity with said relevant entities.
10. Baggage/Luggage - Luggage limit is two soft-sided bags or suitcases per guest.
11. No Smoking Policy - IATW operates a no-smoking policy at all its events
12. Gift Cards - Gift Card can be used in part or in full to book an IATW event. However all bookings are subject to availability. IATW Ltd. main terms and conditions also apply. There is no expiry date on our Gift Cards. Gift Cards may not be exchanged for cash and is non-transferable (unless advised) or refundable. Please contact us directly to redeem your Gift Card as this service is not currently available online.
1. Our IATW tours are physically active, with varying levels of demands and fitness requirements depending on the specific itinerary and duration of the tour. By booking your tour you represent that you do not have any physical or other conditions that would create a hazard for you or other participants or affect other people’s enjoyment of the tour. If you have a physical or medical condition, dietary restriction, or other condition that will require special attention during the tour, you must inform us in writing when the booking is made. We may require a medical certificate if you have a special condition. We reserve the right in our sole discretion to accept, decline, or remove anyone from a tour (at departure or during the tour) whom we judge to be incapable of meeting the tour’s physical demands. You must complete a waiver as detailed above before commencement of the tour confirming your understanding of these circumstances and confirming your physical and medical condition. Please be aware in this regard that participation in each individual activity is a matter for the client on a day to day basis during the tour. If you do not want to participate in a particular activity, please let the IATW Representative know.
2. IATW assumes no responsibility for any medical care provided to you. You agree to assume all costs of medical care and related transportation that are provided to you during the tour.
1. The price of your tour does not cover your travel insurance.
2. IATW strongly recommends that clients purchase comprehensive travel insurance cover for cancellation, medical expenses, personal accident, personal luggage, money and public liability, before you travel. Clients should ensure that any activities undertaken during the tour are covered by their travel insurance policy. Please note that some activities may require specific insurance and it is a matter for the client to ascertain this position with their insurer before partaking in any activity. Please ensure your policy covers hotel and other travel expenses in the event of a positive COVID-19 test result while on tour. IATW reserves the right to refuse admission to a passenger unless the client has arranged appropriate insurance. IATW accepts no responsibility for loss or personal damage to personal belongings or liability for personal injury/death.
1. Cancellation of a client’s booking must be notified in writing to IATW. Cancellation charges are calculated on the day when written notification is received by IATW. The table below shows the number of days before departure dates that IATW receives written confirmation of cancellation, including any surcharges that will be imposed on the client as a corresponding cancellation charge. Please note that in addition to the tour fare cancellation charges set out below, the client may also incur cancellation fees in respect of any third party suppliers booked by the client in association with an IATW Tour.
120 Days Or More
Deposit is non-refundable.
Balance payment is partially refundable at 75% minus any non-refundable prepaid elements.
120 Days Or Less
Deposit and balance payment are both non-refundable.
2. Once the tour has started, no refunds will be made under any circumstances for any unused sectors or sections.
3. If the reason for the client’s cancellation is covered by the client’s insurance policy, the client should make a claim under that policy, this is entirely a matter between the client and their insurer.
4. If the client wishes to change to an alternative tour, this must be done with a minimum of 60 days notice. One change can be made to each booking free of charge. There is a €100 administration fee charged for every subsequent change made.
5. Any charges or non-refundable deposits which have been paid to third party suppliers are payable by the client in the above circumstances.
Changes by Us
1. Any increase in price will be updated on our website. IATW will endeavour to remove all out of date promotional material. IATW reserves the right to revise the price of any of our tours or events. The final price applicable will be confirmed to the client on day of booking.
2. IATW itineraries are deliberately flexible and if possible the requirements of individual groups and clients will be facilitated. IATW reserves the right to vary, modify or cancel any itinerary, either partly or wholly. Itineraries published are sample itineraries only and may be amended without notice. IATW also reserves the right to use alternative vehicles to those advertised on our website.
3. In the event of a tour cancellation by IATW, IATW will offer a full refund of the tour price only, less any non-refundable elements. In these circumstances, no incidental or consequential expenses will be paid by IATW.
Weather Conditions & Force Majeure
The client accepts that certain activities and aspects of IATW events are weather dependent and that under no circumstances can IATW be held responsible for weather conditions, which can change rapidly in Ireland.
IATW will not be deemed in breach of these terms and conditions or otherwise liable to you, by reason of delay in performance or nonperformance of any of its obligations under these terms and conditions to the extent that any such delay or nonperformance is due to any Force Majeure, meaning any circumstances beyond the reasonable control of IATW, including without limitation acts of God, pandemics, terrorist activities, insurrection, explosion, flood, tempest, forceful wind, fire or accident, war or threat of war declared or undeclared, sabotage, civil disturbance, labor strikes, requisition, sickness, quarantine, government intervention, weather conditions, volcanic ash clouds and unforeseen circumstances.
If IATW and/or any of its Suppliers are affected by Force Majeure, they shall be entitled to, and may in their sole discretion, vary or cancel any itinerary or arrangement in relation to the event or tour. Regarding civil unrest, once IATW has investigated the prevailing situation, as it deems fit, it shall remain in IATW’s sole and absolute discretion whether to commence or proceed with a tour/event.
In the event that a tour has to be cancelled due to Force Majeure then the client will be offered an alternative tour at no extra cost. If this is not possible then the general cancellation policy above will be applied.
LAWS + TRAVEL REGULATIONS
1. The client must observe the laws and regulations of Ireland, including customs and foreign exchange restrictions. If the client does not, they may be asked to surrender their IATW ticket which may be cancelled without refund.
2. In the interest of safety there may be times when the IATW representative has to make a decision. It is a condition of booking that the client must comply with the authority and decisions of the appointed IATW representative. If the client does not comply with the IATW representative and is not compatible with the general enjoyment and well being of the other members of the tour, IATW reserves the right to exclude the client from continuing the tour. In such a case, IATW will not be liable for any refund, compensation or any additional costs incurred by the client. IATW cannot accept responsibility for the behaviour of others on tour or for any activities that are curtailed as a result.
3. Should the client have a complaint in respect of the tour, they should inform the IATW representative during the course of the tour. If the matter cannot be resolved after the representative’s best endeavours to do so during the tour, the client’s complaint should be made in writing within 28 days thereof so that it can be investigated. Any claims made after the 28 days period will not be considered by IATW. If the client chooses to write to IATW via the Internet, please include a home address to reply to in writing. Please note that if you attempt to address a situation on your own without using this notice procedure, you assume responsibility for any added costs you may incur and forfeit any potential refunds.
7. The contract and all matters arising in respect hereof shall be subject to Irish law and the jurisdiction of the Irish Courts, unless we agree otherwise in writing.
8. If any provision of these terms and conditions is held invalid or unenforceable by any court of competent jurisdiction, that provision shall be deemed to be re-written to give effect to the same purpose within the permitted limits of the law. The validity and enforceability of the other provisions shall not be affected. If the client is unsuccessful in any legal action instituted against us, the client agrees to pay all our costs, including, but not limited to, legal costs.
10. Clients must be aged 18 years and over but IATW may, at its absolute discretion, give confirmation of acceptance of a person outside this age restriction, subject to the signing of a waiver on behalf of the client by a parent or guardian and any other conditions that IATW may deem appropriate.
11. You agree that the sole remedy for any default by IATW arising under this agreement shall be the return of the paid tour cost. To the maximum extent permitted under applicable law, IATW shall not be liable for any special, consequential, indirect, incidental or other damages arising out of or in any way connected to this agreement, including lost profits, whether such damages arise in contract, negligence, tort, under statute, in equity, at law or otherwise, even if IATW has been advised of the possibility of such damages. You expressly waive any right you may have to recover such damages.
12. Pets are not allowed on IATW. If you need to bring a service dog, IATW must be notified before you book your tour. IATW may not be able to accommodate this request due to accommodation restrictions, vehicle size and considerations of other passengers.
13. For people with mobility issues, the coaches on our tours are not wheelchair accessible so you must be able to get on and off the coach unaided or have someone come on tour to help you. Some events, sites, venues and accommodation facilities are not suitable for wheelchairs or mobility scooters.
1. All IATW tours+events are operated by: IATW LTD. Registered in Ireland.
2. These terms and conditions are valid for all events through 2022, 2023 and 2024.
Updating of Terms and Conditions
1. IATW Ltd reserves the right to update and/or alter these terms and conditions at any time. It is your responsibility to be familiar with these terms and conditions.
2. All tour bookings are bound by the terms and conditions in effect at time of booking.